Soularize 2023 is being presented through the collective efforts of Ashoka, The Presencing Institute, and CoCreative. It will be different from Soularize events of the past. With the expected thoughtful, energetic, and diverse mix of people, this year we will delve deeper than ever before into the world of spiritual changemaking and what it means to be a leader in spiritually inspired causes.
The Soularize 2023 Partners
What makes Soularize 2023 unlike any Soularize before, our amazing team of partners and strategists working to bring you an engaging, thoughtful, and impactful experience?
Our Leaders - Ashoka
Ashoka has been engaged in its multi-faith Spiritual Changemakers Initiative over the last five years. For 40 years, Ashoka has been observing many changemakers and social entrepreneurs who work to create an inclusive and equitable world. The Spiritual Changemakers Initiative is our way to collaborate with a spiritually diverse network to address the most pressing issues of our time and amplify spiritual changemakers’ voices, stories, and insights toward the creation of a new lived narrative about their role in creating a thriving society.
Our Facilitators - Presencing Institute & Theory U
The Presencing Institute was founded in 2006 by MIT Sloan School of Management by Senior Lecturer Otto Scharmer and colleagues to create an action research platform at the intersection of science, consciousness, and profound social and organizational change. They are joining Soularize 2023 to facilitate the common cause communities and practices during the 3-day event.
Our Heart - CoCreative
CoCreative is our specialist in collaboration and getting things done, especially the tough stuff. They will help us convene ongoing collaborations to advance the field of spiritually-inspired changemaking beyond Soularize.
Our Host - Soularize
Soularize is a collaborative community built just for spiritual innovators like you. As faith communities around the world begin to envision a post-pandemic society, we need to engage, connect, and unleash collaboration and creativity. Our desire is to provide a space to interact, discover new and diverse voices, build relationships, and grow resources to help encourage and launch projects.
What to Expect at Soularize
This year's gathering is designed to create the conversations, the experiences and the inspiration to accelerate a Spiritually Inspired Changemaking Movement of faith-based changemakers from across spiritual traditions.
Organized around 5 Common Cause Topics (climate, equity, migration, the new longevity, and youth empowerment), the gathering will deepen relationships, align us around shared vision, inspire confidence to take shared action and identify a few prototypes move us into a future that is different from the past: one where our individual and collective faith traditions strengthen our capacity to act with courage, compassion and wisdom.
The Presencing Institute’s Theory U process will shape the design of the 3 days moving through the 5 movements of the U (below).
The agenda will follow a natural flow of inhalation and exhalation as we move into and out of the large group plenary times and breakout group spaces:
- Accessing the intelligence of the mind, heart, and body using a variety of methods including mindfulness, “social arts,” reflection, quiet/solo time, generative dialogue, music and more.
- Alternating between plenary and focused group time on specific areas of societal impact, build trust-based relationships among changemakers, and strengthen collective insight across the whole of the spiritual ecosystem.
- Blending “ taking in content” with practices for sense-making to allow each of us to shift our “interior condition” in the directions of our highest potential.
A few key points:
- Our ultimate goal is collective action and an agenda for spiritually-inspired leadership in common cause on selected issues. We invite you to bring in your ambition on behalf of the world you want to co-shape.
- We will leave the three days with elements of shared vision and some concrete next steps.
- An important part of our time together is to build relationships, start to form a common narrative and to share a few frameworks for leadership in these disruptive/liminal times so we have a common vocabulary for how we use our leadership capital.
- DO NOT expect three days of presentations. Expect a hands-on gathering, with very open conversations that invite different points of view, including conversations of the heart. Expect to have fun. Expect honesty and transparency. Expect a bias toward aligned action. Expect to have time to reflect on your own leadership.
Why Attend Soularize
This is not your average “conference” but an event that will create connections, build skills, and expand our scope of understanding on topics of great value.
Strengthen Relationships & Accelerate Partnerships
An important part of our time together is to build relationships, start to form a common narrative and to share a few frameworks.
Build Shared Vision & Co-create New Avenues
Our agenda is built for spiritually-inspired leadership in common cause on selected issues. We invite you to bring in your ambition on behalf of the world you want to co-shape.
Plant The Seeds of Aligned Action In Your Movement
We will leave the three days with elements of shared vision and some concrete next steps to propel your movements, visions, and prototypes forward.
Soularize is designed to hold space for transformation, emotions, new ideas, and exciting opportunities for long-term collaboration. Participating in this event will put you in touch with yourself, our global contexts, and a network of powerful leaders who want to think together about new spiritual ways to address the most pressing issues of our time.